Which features and data are shared by Synthesis applications?
Watch this video and others like it on ReliaSoft.tv
A Synthesis repository can contain many different kinds of reliability analyses, all stored together in the same database that can be accessed simultaneously by multiple users. Each Synthesis application (e.g., Weibull++, BlockSim, Xfmea, etc.) has been optimized to display only the information that is relevant for its particular set of reliability activities. This includes the following features and data that are shared by multiple applications within the platform:
My Portal. In all Synthesis applications, a personalized messaging and tracking portal is docked on the right side of the interface by default. Simply point to the small tab to make the entire panel visible when you need it, or "pin" the window to keep it visible all the time.
Project-level attachments. In all Synthesis applications, shared documents and links can always be accessed from the Attachments icon in the Project Properties window.
For most applications, they are also accessible from the Attachments folder in the current project explorer.
Synthesis resources. In all applications except MPC, Synthesis resources enable your team to manage various types of information that can be shared between analyses. This ranges from the ability to publish a model based on an existing analysis, all the way to a comprehensive definition of the reliability and maintainability characteristics for a particular component or assembly (called a universal reliability definition or URD).
Shared analyses. The Synthesis Platform also facilitates direct integration between applications when appropriate. To give just a few of the most powerful examples, you can:
- Work with the same Failure Modes and Reliability Analysis (FMRA) in both BlockSim and Xfmea/RCM++/RBI.
- Use Simulation Worksheets that integrate inputs/outputs from BlockSim/RENO and DOE++.
- Use the Reliability Data Warehouse (RDW) to extract data from XFRACAS for analysis in Weibull++ or RGA.
- Share system configurations and failure mode data between XFRACAS and Xfmea/RCM++/RBI.
- Build RBDs or Fault Trees in BlockSim from the FMEAs or reliability predictions that you have performed in Xfmea/RCM++/RBI or Lambda Predict.
In each Synthesis application, you can create and access these shared resources on the fly when they're needed for your analysis. To view all of the Synthesis resources that are available in the current project, choose Project > Synthesis > Resource Manager.