In Weibull++, is there a way to use font color to identify different types of data points?
Watch this video and others like it on ReliaSoft.tv
Yes, in the Synthesis version of Weibull++ you can apply different font colors to the data points based on either the data type or subset ID.
To do this, you must first enter the data in a standard folio data sheet, and then choose Life Data > Format and View > Color Data Values or click the icon on the control panel.
This opens a drop-down list with a choice of five options. The options are:
- Default Color applies a black font color to all the entries in the data sheet.
- Based on Data Type applies different font colors based on the type of censoring. As an example, the following picture shows fictional data for air conditioning units in specific compartments on different trains. This information is not intended to be realistic and some labels have been omitted for illustration purposes. Uncensored data (failure times) are red and suspension data are green.
- Based on Subset ID 1 applies different font colors based on unique labels in the Subset ID 1 column. The subset ID can be any text up to 30 characters, including spaces (e.g., the text "Unit 3" is not the same as "Unit3"). The following picture shows an example. If a data point has no entry in the Subset ID 1 column, then the font color is black.
- Based on Subset ID 2 applies different font colors based on unique labels in the Subset ID 2 column. The following picture shows an example.
- Based on Subset ID Combination applies font colors based on unique combinations of labels in the Subset ID 1 and Subset ID 2 columns. In the following example, the combination of Unit 12 and System B is red, while the combination of Unit 12 and System A is green. If a data point has no subset IDs, the font color is black, but if a data point has at least one subset ID, it is treated as having a unique combination of subset IDs.
Note that whenever you edit or add new data to the data sheet, you must choose one of the options in the drop-down list again in order to apply the appropriate font colors.